The Networking - Online Business Networking
We meet fortnightly via Zoom and enjoy a mixture of introductions, testimonials, member’s presentations and 1-1 discussions. Although the group was started in South Devon and therefore has a number of South Devon Businesses, the nature of online networking means that the group quickly started adding members from all over the UK and further afield.
The first group started on the 18th June 2020 and the second on the 13th August 2020. Who knows what the future holds?
- Called “The Networking”
- Each group will have 20-30 business owners who
- help each other find new business
- provide services to each other
- offer business advice & support to each other
- We have a system of one person per profession per group to maximise business potential for members, if there is any crossover between more than one member we make sure that is all worked out happily before a new member joins This means when there is already somebody doing what you do in the group, you can’t join.
- Group 1 – Thursday 08:00-09:30
- Group 2 – Thursday 10:00-11:30
- Online using Zoom (we will stay that way even after the end of lockdown, to enable people from further afield to attend and also mean people can arrange around other activities more easily)
- Opening break out rooms for general chit chat
- General introductions & particular requests
- Testimonials & Thank Yous for previous business passed
- Presentation from a member which is useful for other members but also highlights what that member does and hopefully make it easier to refer them
- Break out chats, either 1-1s or small groups
Obligations of Members
Please note members are encouraged rather than forced to do the following as we are all mature business people, however for the group to succeed it should sort of happen naturally.
- Attend a minimum of approx 23 meetings (out of 26) p.a.
- Encouraged to find referrals for other members
- Encouraged to help other members with advice and support when needed (there will be an online forum for open discussions but also private chats encouraged)
- Encouraged to have 1-1s with other members away from the meeting
- Encouraged to invite possible new members – however it is important we are looking for quality over quantity. A groups of 20-30 will work strongly together. We are also not really looking for serial networkers who might have not as much allegiance to other members
- Provide a good service to members and their referrals – bad service will be followed up
- Pay monthly (£25pcm)or annual fees (£250 p.a.)